Helen M. Condry, RNC, BSN, MSN, CNE
Nurse Educator/Staff Nurse
Melbourne, FL 32935
Phone number available upon request via email
As a nurse for 29 years with various hospital, home care, and teaching experiences, I still love nursing and still love my job! As an educator, I have taught multiple classes to large and small groups, and oriented many staff members. My training videos posted on YouTube have helped many of our staff members and many around the world learn how to pull arterial sheaths and use a hemostasis device. A Master's degree in Nurse Education has furthur enhanced my teaching skills and has fueled my enthusiasm for educating nursing students.
My objective is to teach undergraduate nursing students full time in a clinical, classroom, or online capacity.
Eastern Florida State College
Cocoa, FL Aug 2014-Present
- Instruct and guide 8-9 students weekly on nursing units at Holmes Regional
- Correct multiple care maps, assessments, and care plans weekly.
- Updated clinical forms and posted to Canvas 3/2015.
- Updated power-points for intravenous lab and posted to Canvas.
- Lectured and demonstrated intravenous technique at intravenous lab 1/2015.
- Guided chest pain simulation 11/2014.
Melbourne, FL Apr 2002 - Present
Nurse Educator/Staff Nurse
- Serve as staff nurse and nurse educator for interventional prep and recovery area
- Orient all new staff for the unit.
- Serve as the point of care coordinator.
- Organize staff education and yearly skills fair.
- Educate and test staff about cardiac rhythms.
- Administer moderate sedation and monitor patients during procedures.
- Teach multiple in-services to staff.
- Instruct patients about procedures, medication, and smoking cessation.
- Initiate intravenous drips and perform phlebotomy.
- Composed the nursing and nurses aide orientation manuals.
- Produced training videos and posted to YouTube.
Boca Raton, FL
Travel Nurse Jun 2001 - Apr 2002
- Worked as a travel nurse for 1 year until permanent position became available.
- Managed patients in an orthopedic-neurology floor for a 13 week assignment.
- Functioned as a PCU nurse for a 9 month assignment.
- Monitored heart rhythms and cardiac drips.
- Managed patients with joint replacements, strokes, chest pain, and medical issues.
Staff/Relief Charge PCU Jun 2000 - Jun 2001
- Acted as relief charge in a small community hospital.
- Monitored cardiac rhythms.
- Administered various IV therapies, and medications.
- Educated patients and families about heart disease, heart failure, and drug therapies.
All prior nursing jobs from 1986-2000 will be provided upon request.
University of Central Florida Orlando, FL
MSN , Nurse Education Aug 2011 - May 2014
University of Vermont Burlington, VT
BS, Nursing Sept 1982- May 1986
Sacred Heart High School Newport, VT
High school diploma
Certified Nurse Educator (National League for Nursing)
Sep 2014 - Sep 2019
ACLS Provider (American Heart Association)
Aug 2014 - Aug 2016
BLS Provider (American Heart Association)
Jul 2014 - Jul 2016
Medical-Surgical Nurse Certification (American Nurses Credentialing Center)
Aug 2013 - Jul 2017
RN 9178092 (State of Florida)
Feb 2013 - Apr 2015
National League for Nursing
Florida Nurses Association member
American Nurses Association member
Phi Kappa Phi honor society member
Provost Merit Fellowship Award, University of Central Florida